1. Who will you share the outdoors with next year? Perhaps a neighbor kid down the road could use a fishing trip.
2. Is there a new fishing technique you have not mastered? Challenge yourself.
3. Have you ever stayed at a state park? Take a moment to search your own parks. We have stayed at four this year. Pymatuning, Joe Wheeler, Rend Lake, and Edgar Ivins state parks were wonderful. No, we did not pitch a single tent!
4. What have you done new at home? Learning to use a Dutch oven with your spouse is a great experience. Your children will learn how the “cowboys” ate too.
5. Have you fished for a new fish species? Have you fished for peacock bass? There is nothing like catching a new fish, to recharge your “batteries”.
6. When was the last time you booked a guided trip? Many bass and crappie pros, guide in the off-season.
7. Have you cleaned your reels yet? There are dozens of instructional videos available.
8. Are there “new” waters just an hour’s drive away? Fishing new waters will make you a better angler on lakes your already know.
9. Are you one of those anglers that knows one knot really well? It is time to learn a few more.
10. How many times did you say to yourself “I’d like to do that.” last year?
What questions did I miss?
Wishing you an adventurous and blessed 2014, -tj